My Obamacare Interview on CNBC


In my last post, I mentioned that I had been interviewed by Lupus LA about how the Affordable Care Act saved my life. That video has yet to be released, but Lupus LA alerted CNBC's Bertha Coombs about my story and asked if I would be willing to help her with her story about the Affordable Care Act for her spot on the Nightly Business Report. My interview with Coombs aired last night. You can watch it here. My part starts at 9:15 and ends at 12:28.




To get that tiny, little segment, we shot about a half-hour interview, an awkward session of my husband and I slowly washing already-clean dishes (I'm so glad that didn't make the cut), and some footage of us walking up and down the street with no explanation as to why I'm walking with an umbrella on a sunny day. In case you don't already know, most Lupus patients cannot be in the sun. The UV rays exacerbate our Lupus symptoms. The footage of me teaching class at the Orange County School of the Arts was originally taken for the Lupus LA video, so you'll be able to see more of me teaching my wonderful students when that video is released. The footage of me performing is from a cell phone video my sister-in-law posted on You Tube. You can see the full clips of that performance if you click here and here.

What did you think of the interview? Feel free to comment in the section below and if you liked it and think it will be useful to someone, please feel free to share it.

Comments